Friday, September 28, 2007

Protesting

So I am officially protesting. I am protesting posting any new steps that Xander is taking. I am protesting talking about his new milestones and will not post them anymore. I hate the feeling of competition I have when I hear about another baby doing things Xander doesn't and know that other parents feel the same. I hate thinking that my baby is slow and so when I dont compare, I dont feel that way. This is not an angry post, just a "I dont WANT to BE ANGRY post." So you will not find out when he talks more, crawls more or begins walking. We will just post pictures of our kid and let him grow as he wants without feeling pressure of competiton from his father (I am only going to get worse, never ask me to coach my sons teams). Or Codi says I maybe should not read others blogs, but then what would I do with my time?

12 comments:

Brianne said...

You are funny, Zach. If there's anything I've learned so far it's that milestone age markers should go out the window for the most part. As long as kids are progressing, at whatever rate it may be, it's all good. Do whatever you've gotta do...except stop reading blogs, of course!

Crystal said...

I totally fall victim to that trap!! It's sooo hard not to compare, especially with your first child. I don't know what I'm doing so I guage everything on others' kids. I'm sad though, b/c I want to hear about Xander!

Jessica F. said...

At least you have a baby to post about! I think Xander is adorable and that can get you pretty far in life!

Melissa said...

Compare your kids by other kids' milestones...I don't do that. Does that mean she is perfect? Just kidding!!!! Maddie didn't start walking until she was 14 months and because of the standard most people were shocked. But, it was nice! Life was more simple before she hit THAT milestone! I'm glad you've decided to let Xander do it at his pace, but please don't stop visiting our blog!

Bec said...

your crazy...you shouldn't let those things bother you...who cares....my kid is way behind..oh and i have one friend that purposely says how well her child is doing and how fast she is learning and how she can do all these things zach can't do and she is much younger and blah blah blah...i just think "must everything be a competition to you..it's your babies life for pete sakes...i'll let my child go at his own paste" lets face it..my child is 7 months and doesn't sleep through night...not even CLOSE!

Topher and Carma said...

I am so glad you posted that, I seriously hate feeling the competition mode too. I had some friends that would make me feel so bad, because they always talked about how great their kid was and how smart and brilliant for his age. It bugged.

Topher and Carma said...

did i mention that Jack can read poetry now...just kidding

Anonymous said...

Zach - You are too funny. I love reading how Rachel's 2nd cousin is doing. Of course, I feel horrible b/c she's what...1.5 months younger...still not crawling "correctly," no signs of teeth, no speaking and definitely no hair cuts. Xander is growing and progressing at warp speed. I'm sure he'll lead the pack of cousins so no worries! Besides, the important points are that they are healthy and happy and someday mostly sane and self-sufficient, right?

Crystal said...

More pictures please!!

Jen said...

Amen brotha!!!!!

Kelli Proctor said...

thanks for the nice comment, you guys rule! How did you leave your comment on the home page?

Ku'ulei said...

Ah, yes... I love this post. :) Do your thing! Xander will do his and forget everyone else! Every kid has their own timeline. I agree with Brianne - throw out the guidelines and growth charts. If your kid is happy and healthy - GREAT! I must also protest...We need more posts of Xander still!!!!!!!