Wednesday, October 17, 2007

THE WEEK OF WEEKS!!!

So we have had some hard times this past two weeks. First, my laptop, which has all my school stuff on it, especially my graduate thesis, broke and I tried taking it to the Mac store but they have become so popular you have to have an appointment 48 hours in advance with them. I went and they told me that it would cost $1500 to fix it. So we decided to think on it for a while. Then, I found out I did not get the job that I wanted, but it turns out it was a good thing because I only wanted to do it temporarily. Then, my professor has been riding my butt about my thesis because he decided he wanted me to turn it in early. Then, my dad is having a lot of complications with his back surgery and I cant stand hearing my wonderful dad in pain. And some other stuff, but we gained a testimony that Heavenly Father looks after us and helps us in times of need.

Example #1: General Conference was this past weekend and the Priesthood session had a great impact on my week and overall helped us a lot.
Example #2: Heavenly Father sent inspiration to a couple of people that we were having a bad week and helped us greatly. (Thanks Jennifer Roberts, Michelle, Carma, and Grandpa Kendell)
Example #3: We were able to buy a new computer with the help from Grandpa Kendell at the perfect time, when the new Leopard system was announced and when we could not wait anymore.

We are lucky people. Here are some pictures of our little one. The playdate group went to Chesters Party Barn about two weeks ago. Xander had a good time with the pumpkins, which he loved by the way, and actually rode a pony with a smile on his face. We also got him a new little toy. The toy is supposed to help him walk but he is so tall that he can actually use the toy.



6 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Sorry to hear about your week! I hope everything keeps looking up! Xander is adorable and looks so big!! We have a walking toy too. Douglas loves to be pulled on it now by the yarn we attached to it. It looks like Xander likes the toy too! When are ya'll coming down next?

Kelli Proctor said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is looking up now! We had a couple hard months this summer, but I totally feels like Heavenly Father knows whats best! He lets you be humble and then blesses you in the way he sees fit. Good luck with the job hunt!

Jessica F. said...

It always all comes at once for us also.
I am glad that you are off strike and no longer protesting, I have missed your blog!!
Codi, you look FABULOUS!!!!

Jancisco said...

Sorry about your horrible week. Yea for a new computer!

Double yea for big adorable Xander!!

Bekah said...

Sorry it has been such a rotten week! Just know that we are always here for you for absolutely anything. I mean it! Hope this week is better. :)