Thursday, March 13, 2008

Love-Hate Relationship

So I officially love and hate the Hinckley Challenge.  It helps remind us everyday to read the scriptures together and it helps quite a bit, but on the other hand, it makes me feel so guilty when we have missed a day.  So when I get on the computer, it is a constant reminder of how lazy we can be.  Why is it that I have so many love-hate relationships with things?  I have a love-hate relationship with food (because it makes me feel good and bad, both fulfilled and fat), cars (because they make me get places faster and cost so much money to get fixed, $1500 to be exact) and Sprite (because it feels so good going down and I might need to go to rehab to eventually get over my addiction).

4 comments:

Bekah said...

I hear ya. We missed about three days and all I could think of the next night reading was "Crap...no I have to read 15 pages to make up for it"...not a good attitude to take when reading the scriptures!

Daniel Hunter said...

I'm with ya! We're doing the Hinckley challenge as well and we do great at reading most every night, but just missing here and there or not reading quite as much as we're supposed to REALLY gets ya behind!

Jancisco said...

At least you are trying. . . I figured it applied to everyone but me. Maybe I was wrong.

Jessica F. said...

Too funny!