TANTRUMS.
Yep, the little ones are not only raising up, but raising their voices as well. My friend Sara is dealing with fits, my friend Bekah is trying to "find a happy place" while her little one perfects the art of the tantrum, and our little Xander is leaving me quite dumbfounded. Now, he isn't participating in the usual arch the back, throw the head, and flail the arms while screaming technique.... instead he has decided that biting his own hands in anger is his preferred method.
Yep, I have become the mother of the dreaded biting child. Now, I must say on his behalf that he hasn't bitten anyone besides himself, and me(only once or twice). Yet. I've checked many sites that say this is a normal stage that children go through, and it will eventually fade away on it's own. Until that time however... I promise to not be offended when I see many of you turning to run the other direction when we come your way.
In conclusion, I just want to say to all of you mothers out there... HANG IN THERE!! We'll make it through together. And if not.... I'm sure Bekah will save us all a seat on her flight to some remote tropical island. Coconut oil here we come!!!
4 comments:
Well, at least he's not taking his anger out on others. Sounds like you're dealing with it a little better than him! By the way, Xander has some nice dance moves!
Don't worry Codi- I'll be the Co- President of the "Shun my Baby" club if you want to make it official. I have a feeling I'll spend the rest of my days trying to wrestle a screaming child out in the church foyer. The more the merrier!
We're in that club too! Church today involved a lot of writhing on the floor, screaming, hitting (!), and other unpredictable offenses.
Well, so far Sams fits are fake and to only get attention. It last like 2 seconds, but always enough time to snap a picture of the funny snot faces he makes. We just ignore the ever lasting cycle that is fits, tantrums, crying, etc. We are lucky enough for it to only happen at home and never in public. SO FAR.....
Post a Comment