Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just A Thought


Since I started Facebooking a while ago I have recently noticed that a lot of high school and college friends of mine are posting pictures of themselves drinking. They talk about how fun it is and it seems as though that is the most exciting part about college or even their lives. I have never fully understood people who drink. What is the point? From the way it smells I cant imagine that it might taste good, not to mention that it costs so much to drink all the time. The only reason people would want to drink is just to ignore and get away from their own lives. I dont get how people do not see that you can have so much fun without alcohol. I just could not imagine how annoying I would be with alcohol. Needless to say. I hate hanging out with people who drink, hate hearing people at work talk about getting drunk that night, and cant stand hearing people complain about not having enough money when they just go out and blow their money on alcohol. Thus ends the rant session from yours truly.

8 comments:

Christensen Family said...

AMEN! It's sad.

Melissa said...

No kidding, I've noticed the same thing on facebook. It is actually really depressing to see that that is what people you care for think their lives amount to!

Sarie's Life said...

Oh shoot...so when I talk about getting wasted on Dr. Pepper or Red Bulls you aren't really interested? How sad for me! I guess I'll stick to talking about my 4 bottles per-night during this pregnancy and how much fun that is! Cheers! Bottoms Up! Chugs!

Anonymous said...

If I am in my corner engaging in fellowship and theological discussion over a pint of beer, while you're in your corner casting judgment upon my actions... who is wrong? It's not what goes in your mouth, but rather what comes out.

Zach and Codi said...

Apparently what I said hit someone to the core and instead of openly discussing something they go anonymous. I openly said that I do not understand it. Of course I think it is wrong, but I never judged people for it. You cannot possibly think that any spiritual conversations can happen over some beer. Yes, I agree, its not what goes in your mouth, but rather what comes out of it, but actions speak louder than words.

Anonymous said...

you openly said you hate hanging out with people who drink. that's judging the quality of a friendship by a simple, personal action; and i definitely discuss the Word over beer. we have a biweekly study group at a pub. the Bible says drink, don't get drunk. Jesus wasn't too good for wine, and he is the definition of perfect. yes, i have chosen to be anonymous; i don't want to be judged.

Zach and Codi said...

I have my own opinion and I am sorry that it has offended you, but I do not like hanging out with people who get DRUNK. Just think about what spiritual experiences you could have in a setting with less distractions.

mikeisha said...

And then comes the social worker who must help them put their lives back together. Welcome to my 23/7 job!!!!!!!!!!