Saturday, September 6, 2008

Codilyn's Disclaimer and Apologies

Before I get any hate mail from any of my Utah friends with phrases such as... "You were in Utah and didn't tell me?!?", or "Well, I can see how much our friendship means to you.". Let me just say that the trip to Utah was extremely last minute. So last minute that it was talked about on a Friday, decided on Saturday, and began on Sunday. I barely even had time to pack. When I did get there I made the decision that this trip would just be all about spending time with family. "Why?" you may ask...
Reason #1: We rarely get to see or spend time with my family.
Reason #2: I really wanted Xander to get to know and spend as much time with his little cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents as possible.
Reason #3: I didn't have my own source of transportation and didn't want to monopolize my parents.
Reason #4: Please remember that not only is it very difficult to get anything done with a toddler, I am also a sickly pregnant woman who most of the time really doesn't feel like doing anything at all.
I hope that my reasons were understandable, and that none of my friends are left with any anger, animosity, or miniature Codilyn voodoo dolls. If for any reason my explanations left you with no feelings of sympathy or forgiveness for me whatsoever, please take a moment and reflect upon this.......




P.S. If the adorable baby picture of Xander didn't completely melt your heart, then you are made of stone.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You crack me up!!

Kelli Proctor said...

no worries, I totally get it! When Tina comes she bearly gets away from our family to visit friends and she feels bad every time! Its hard to share when you barely ever get to be with your family! So I guess I'll forgive you, haha!

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhhh! That is the sweetest picture. I'm glad I got a phone chat with you and that you got to see your family. No voodoo dolls in my house. :)