Monday, September 15, 2008

My Favorite Part of the Day

Do you remember when you dad or mom would come home from work and you would run to do the door yelling, "dad's home" and then would run and give him a hug? OH MY GOSH, THAT IS THE BEST FEELING EVER!!! It makes me feel so good to hear Xander yell dad and run to the door with open arms to see me. I feel bad that I ever stopped doing that to my dad and am sad for the day when Xander stops doing that to me.

Things have been very good for us here in Tulsa. My job is going great. I am having to play catch up and it is a little overwhelming, but I will have an assistant starting Monday and that will help relieve a lot of the pressures that I have. Codilyn is doing well. She has finally stopped throwing up so much but now has tons of heartburn. Which by the way can you take heartburn medicine when you are pregnant?

Xander is doing great. He loves to listen to music and is getting really good at dancing. He has learned so many new words and he has learned how to open all our of doors. We have caught him open the pantry and start eating snacks. He comes and interrupts us during our private moments in the bathroom and he has learned how to get onto our patio. The other day this is what we found. Him sitting in our chair reading. Gotta love the kid.

7 comments:

Jancisco said...

He is so big. I ate tums like they were candy. They are okay for preggos.

Anonymous said...

That is the most darling picture. I love it!
My doctor (and he's a good doctor) okayed it for me to take "Maximum Strength Pepcid AC." It's a pill you take once a day and works really well. I would take it about 30 minutes before lunch (any earlier than that and it didn't work as well) and I didn't have any heartburn unless I ate something really spicy or really greesy. And even at those times I would take the Tums on top of the Pepcid to help it. But I would ask the Doc if it's okay for Codi just to be on the safe side. :) Good luck with it Codi. I do NOT like heartburn! yuck.

Bekah said...

Glad things are doing so well in Tulsa! I think you guys should come back for a Halloween party- you guys are the belle of the ball- you know how to do Halloween right! Ps...I had to take heartburn medicine for a long time when I was pregnant. I took TUMS, the minty kind, and popped them like candy, all with my doc's approval.

Christensen Family said...

Codi-talk to your doctor, he can get you great stuff for the heartburn. I have terrible heartburn with all 3 of my boys! There are certain foods I learned to avoid and I slept propped up by two pillows. I took the Maximum Strenth Pepcid AC. I took it in the early evenings cuz night time was my worst time. yuck!

Christensen Family said...

Codi-talk to your doctor, he can get you great stuff for the heartburn. I have terrible heartburn with all 3 of my boys! There are certain foods I learned to avoid and I slept propped up by two pillows. I took the Maximum Strenth Pepcid AC. I took it in the early evenings cuz night time was my worst time. yuck!

Kendells said...

What a great picture, he's getting so big. Addyson had a great time playing with him while Codi and Xander were here. By the way, Sumer ate Tums like they were going out of style, so no problems there. Love ya. K & S

The Wright Fam said...

I miss Xander!! He is so cute and so fun!!! He is growing up so fast! He's totally a little person! How are you guys doing?! I miss having you guys around- although I have to admit we aren't much fun company right now! But, I do remember Halloween last year and I can't imagine Halloween without the Becks- any chance you'll roadtrip out west to party with us?! Anyway, I hope everything is going good!