Sunday, October 26, 2008

KILL THE BOY....

Codi here. I'm not sure how many of you listen to, or have ever heard Bill Cosby's comedy routine titled "Kill the Boy" but that is basically how I felt this morning. I guess I should have seen this coming with all of the warning signs present, but I ignorantly thought "No... he just wouldn't". Well family and friends I stand corrected because YES HE DID.
It all started with the, ever so innocent, stripping of clothing....




It then escalated to figuring out how to work those tricky zippers...


Followed by an occasional "I think I'll take my diaper off" trick (Sorry, no pictures. We want him to retain some dignity)
With the Piece de Resistance being...... yep, you guessed it! Peeing all over his crib.
I was sitting at the computer waiting for him to wake up when I heard a strange "water" hitting wood sound. When I realized which room the sound was coming from it didn't take me long to figure out what was happening. I ran into his room, turned on the light, and caught him in the act. As soon as he saw me he said "Cool." When I replied with a "NO. NOT COOL." He was intelligent enough to try and save his own skin by saying "Uh-Oh." (Cool, and Uh-Oh are his favorite words lately. I keep trying to explain to him that it's not an Uh-Oh if you do it on purpose, but he's not seeming to catch on to my theory.) As I surveyed the damaged and picked up the unused diaper in the crib it occurred to me that he must have been naked the entire night because there is no way he could've done that much damage in the few seconds it took me to storm the room. As I went to work stripping his crib down and throwing things in the washer, he followed me "gabble talking" and using expressive hand gestures in what I'm guessing was a desperate attempt to explain his reasoning for what he did. It wasn't until I was sitting on the ground washing off his stuffed animals and had said to him "You did a naughty thing, and you are in trouble mister." that he slowly made his way over to me, placed his hand on my shoulder, and leaned in to give me a sweet little kiss, that I decided I would call off "the hit" until he was in his teenage years. After all... who can resist a face like this?

5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

Be grateful it wasn't poop. I can send you a picture of Ty's "kill the boy" moment...with poop galore. UGH! How are you? I hope you're still planning on coming down to visit us and see "the movie!" in November!

Unknown said...

lol I agree, be grateful it wasn't poop.. we went through that too. He's a cutie though :)
love you!!!

Jen said...

I'm always interested in the words kids pick up:) I also think kids start out so cute so you'll love them inspite of the craziness.

Julene Kendell said...

This is almost as cute as the time that Travis came into the living room with his training pants on his head. Of course, he did the requisit poop and pee on the floor. Parents get really excited when what goes around comes around. Too bad you got it instead of Travis and Becky, but then I am sure they have had their share, too. He is certainly the cutest kid ever, and I am not a prejudiced grandma! Love you tons.

The Wright Fam said...

I would have lost it I am afraid!! But, now I can prepare myself for not "if" but "when" the moment comes!! How the heck are ya Codi?! I sure miss seeing you, are you coming to OKC anytime soon for work or play?! Halloween maybe?!! :-)