Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Hate When...

- People dress their animals in humans clothing.
- Oprah talks.
- I get stuck on hold with ATT
- When producers make the best food every and then discontinue the items, leaving us the consumers with a void in our diets, with nothing similar enough to fill it. Let me give you two examples:

1. Alpha Bits- You might be saying, "Zach, they still make Alpha Bits," to which I would respond, "NO, They Don't." They make nasty cardboard like substitutes. Imagine my disappointment when I see the Alpha Bits box after years of missing them, making myself a somewhat large bowl of cereal, taking my born again virgin Alpha Bits mouth and what in the world, they took all the sugar out and replaced the yummy Alpha Bits with cardboard. I am not happy General Mills, not happy at all.
2. Dunkeroos- Is it sad that I sometimes dream about food and end up eating that certain food for breakfast. I think this is a sign of obesity, but I am OK with that. I think obesity will look good on me. Well one night I had a dream about a kangaroo jumping into icing. I woke up the next morning looking forward to grocery shopping that day and had planned on buying half a bakers dozen boxes of the lovable Dunkeroos. For those of you who do not know what Dunkeroos are they are these cinnamon graham crackers that you dip in this delicious sprinkled icing. And you know what, they stopped making them in the US. I was beyond disappointed and could not find anything to fill that void. Teddy Grahams in icing were not the same, and believe me I tried it. I got on line to find out that they still make them in Canada, so I ordered a box on Amazon, thinking I would get two or three boxes, and this is what happened, Christmas in July for both Xander and I. We may or may not have eaten two boxes the first night. Like I said, I think obesity will fit me well...

4 comments:

Garland's said...

Did you find out why they dont have Dunkaroos in the US anymore? That pic is hillarious. The Alphabets taste the same to me.

Melissa said...

ha ha! I still remember in 9th grade when you said, in all honesty, "I'm just going to get fat and get it over with!". I'm sorry for your loss! [the alpha bits]

Jancisco said...

I like this post. there is one cereal that I used to love, it was apple cinnamon something or other. Sort of healthy but still delicious and they stopped making that TOO! Probably General Mills. that place is run by fun-hating communists.

But they probably take holidays every week, so that would be a perk to working for commies.

Robin said...

I also LOVE Dunkaroos and HATE when Oprah talks.