Xander has always been a very sweet boy. It's almost as though he has this 6th sense of knowing when someone is in pain (both physically and emotionally), and is right by their side trying to make everything all right. There have been so many times when I have hurt myself that he's right there stroking the side of my face saying "Mommy hurt? Here, I kiss better. All better!" He is especially sensitive to Blayne and is always right by his side trying to calm him or "make everything better" when Blayne is unhappy or in pain. As soon as Blayne wakes up from his nap and begins to cry, Xander announces to me "Mommy! Blaynie crying!" and is quickly by his crib making silly faces, or telling him that mommy is coming, all the while shoving toys in to him through the crib slats.
I'll never forget when Zach and I were at the Doctor's office and we had just been informed that I had miscarried and we would be losing the baby. As I began to cry I felt the sweetest little hands on my face and promptly received a wet, slobbery kiss. What a blessing he was in such a sad moment. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when after Church a few weeks ago we were informed by Xander's nursery leader that he had quickly come to the aid of a friend when she had gotten hurt and began crying. She explained to us how he had seen her cry and quickly put down the toy he was playing with to sit beside her, put his arm around her, give her a kiss and say "It's okay, all better." He stayed with her until all truly was better.
How blessed we are to have two wonderful little guys in our family, and we just can't wait to see how they continue to grow!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a sweet boy! I miss him!
What a sweet post. Little boys can melt your heart in ways you never thought possible! I love you little man!
What a sweet blessing he is. And he's so cute too.
I remember you telling me that story on the phone and me just crying. Heavenly Father really does send these spirits to us with truly knowing theirs and our needs. With that knowledge of him, it really makes us truly blessed to have our children! Thanks for sharing that about Xander.
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
How sweet! I love children, and how good and kind they are. Love and miss you!
Post a Comment