I have been a blonde since the day I was born and loved my golden locks. However.... there was always this little part of me that was jealous of redheads and their unique, gorgeous color. Blame it on the movie The Last Unicorn (the strawberry blonde prince had me at hello), or the fabulous Alison Sudol (lead singer of A Fine Frenzy), whatever it was... the desire was there and a few weeks ago I decided to make it a reality. *Disclaimer... anyone out there wanting to do something drastically different with your hair, please go to a trusted professional.*
I will be the first to admit that it started out rocky-after all I had never dyed my own hair before- but thanks to my wonderful husband rushing to the store to get some more color (my first try was disastrous) I think it turned out all right. A little more punk-rock than I expected, but all right.

My wonderful hairdressers (trusted friend, and sister-in-law) Jessica and Lindsay were kind enough to not chew me out for doing it myself and in fact, even gave me some tips and ideas on how to keep it nice and some warnings that it may fade fast. Apparently red fades faster than any other color. I figured that they meant after a few weeks or so, but fade fast is definitely an understatement when it comes to my hair. Apparently my blonde hair enjoyed being blonde and did not like the fact that it was not asked for it's opinion on changing colors and has since decided to rebel. The color is not only fading fast, but now has many blonde "highlights" as well.

I colored my hair about two weeks ago and since then it has been 3 different shades of red. I figure in another few weeks or so my natural blonde will have defeated the red color and the fact that I was once a red head will only be a thing of myth or legend. Ahh... Legend. Such a good movie. If you couldn't tell I sort of had a thing for Unicorns when I was little. What?!? Like you didn't?
8 comments:
You kill me! I loved it before and I LOVE what it has faded too. You look amazing ether way cectpa!
We are sisters, you and I!
Looks hot. And for the record, I probably would have done the same thing (done it myself). And it would have looked A-LOT worse.
I love that you called it "punk rock." You're so beautiful, I think you'd look gorgeous with NO HAIR! Go redheads!
I LOVE you with red hair! It looks super cute - both pictures. I have been coloring my own hair for years now, and I am finally starting to get better at it, but I would love to hear some tips on how I could be doing it better!
I love it! Have you lost weight? You are looking great!
Red is fun, I loved being a red head. You look good. As for the unicorns, I do remember that when we were kids.
Thanks ladies!! I love you all!! You have totally made my day. And Jan... "we ARE sisters you and I"! Love it!
I did that once! Yours looks so much better!!!! I started out red, it was a disaster, so I stripped my hair, which made it magenta (which honestly I kind of liked) and then dyed over it with a very ash blonde which made the result kind of strawberry. It was fun while it lasted. I can't pull of red-head like you can though- you're rocking it!
Post a Comment