Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hippo

So Xander has this favorite little Hippo stuffed animal that he loves to have with him when he goes to bed. Last night, could we find it? Of course not.
So in desperation Zach turned the lights out and handed him this little monkey stuffed animal that is roughly the same size in hopes that in the dark he wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Well, he did. Within 30 seconds I heard this....
"Mommy? Mommy? This not my hippo. This tail too long, and his face not feel right."
I replied with "I know honey, but we can't find hippo and this monkey is actually very special. Do you know who gave you this monkey?"
"Who gave me this monkey?"
"You're Uncle Jeremy sent this monkey for you when you were just a little baby because monkeys are his favorite animal and he wanted you to have one too."
"Oh, that so nice of him."
"Yes, it was. See how soft monkey is? And how cute his little face is? Don't you think he would like to sleep in your nice, soft bed too?"
"Okay, but Mommy, he not my hippo."
Just then Zach found hippo and he was brought into the room. I thought for sure Xander would toss monkey over the side of his bunk bed as soon as he saw his hippo but when I went to take the monkey he said he could stay with hippo and himself.
The next morning as Xander came into our room to inform us that it was "Morning, and time to wake up" he had some friends with him.
While climbing into our bed to snuggle with Daddy ("his best friend") he told Zach that his Uncle Jeremy had given him this little monkey, and about an hour later recited the same information to me only adding "he sent to me because he love me."
I told him "I couldn't agree more."

Thanks Uncle Jeremy for loving our little Xander!!






3 comments:

Katie Gee said...

That is a rockin' story! I love it! Warm fuzzies allll over the place.

Stephanie K. said...

Ahh, so cute, cuddle toys are so important. My Isabella's favorite cuddle toy is pink dolly, given to her by Aunt Jen when Haley was born. Love Xander's hair, that is cool.

Susan said...

Aww! I love it! That is so sweet! You have such a sweetheart on your hands! And a tall one at that! :)