Monday, July 5, 2010

I got you.



For the last few days my knee has been in utter, and complete pain. I can barely even bend it without experiencing extreme pain (and no, I am not exaggerating or being a drama queen for added effect). While in the middle of a pain filled moment, crying on the couch, I suddenly felt two sweet little hands cupping my face, lifting it upwards. Then our eyes met. My tear filled eyes looking straight into the sweetest, brightest, compassion filled eyes of my little three year old.
"Mommy? You crying?"
"Yes, honey. Mommy crying."
"Mommy, you hurting?"
"Yes, honey. Mommy's knee hurts."
"Your knee hurt? Don't worry mommy. I got you. It be okay. I got you."
He then proceeded to put his arms around me and gently pat my back.
'I GOT YOU.' No sweeter words have ever been said. Especially when accompanied by the sweetest little three year old voice ever.
He moved my hair from my face, kissed my cheek, and gently whispered...
"Don't worry, it be okay. I got you. I be right back."
He came back a few seconds later with his Incredibles ice pack which he placed on my hurt knee, and after a few seconds of icy goodness informed me that I was "All better!"
It's always nice to know that someone has my back, or in this case.... knee.

5 comments:

Jessica F. said...

Little boys sure know how to melt their mommy's hearts! I hope you knee feels better!

You look totally hot in that picture!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness. This post was so sweet! Ez does that kind of stuff too. I love how caring they are. :)

Susan said...

Oh, and I hope your knee gets better!

Kelli Proctor said...

oh my goodness, that is seriously the sweetest story ever! Little boys LOVE their moms, mine worry too when they see me cry...they are awesome! LOVE YOU CODI! Hope the knee heals soon, have you been.....running? Dont yell at me, just thought I would ask?

Jen said...

Code!!!! Are you okay? That makes me so sad that you are in pain =(. Yet another reason that we need to live closer. I can come and be your doctor......lol....Oh, I don't think that I would wish that on anyone hee heeeeeee....me a doctor.....heee heeee.