Thursday, August 12, 2010

Princess Sophie

A few days ago these adorable nuggets came to play. Sophie is just a little younger than Xander, and Cole is just a little younger than Blayne. They both are the adorable children of my friend Joy. Couldn't you just pinch their cute little cheeks?!?







Needless to say... from the get go of their little play date, hilarity ensued.
The first words out of Xander's mouth were:
"Come here Sophie, come see my room!"
I figured he was going to show her all his favorite toys but instead he was thrilled to show her... his bed. Yep, apparently that is his newest pride and joy when it comes to his belongings.
They walked into his room and he delightedly pointed towards his bunk bed exclaiming "Look Sophie! This my HUGE bed! Somebody builded it for me!"
Sophie, for some reason, was not as thrilled about the HUGE bed and simply placed a Fruit Loop in her mouth and left the room. *What a little tease!*
For the rest of the morning I sat in amazement watching both of my little nuggets vie for Princess Sophies attention, while poor little Cole was sadly ignored (not that he seemed to mind in the least). I must say that in the battle for affection it appeared that Xander won because she would giggle and smile his way, hold his hand, and ask him every few minutes "Xander, you happy?". There were even a few occasions when she would simply giggle and say "Oh Xander!". Poor little Blayne did not fair as well and was simply told "No" a lot (especially if he were standing anywhere near Cole or Cole's sippy cup), and held at an arms length away. Strangely enough this didn't seem to deter him in the least because with each "No" he just laughed, clapped his hands with excitement, and stepped closer and closer. Really, some guys just can't take a hint. Sorry, Blayne. I guess she just likes older boys with a slight rebel streak. For those wondering.... yes, Xander stayed true to himself and did some naughty things to try and show off.
I will admit that she does have some magic in her because at one point she came up to me with pouted lips and doe eyes saying "I sooo hungry. I need some popcorn. I sooo hungry." I looked at the clock showing 10:00 a.m., giggled at the thought, then quickly popped the Princess some popcorn. Yeah, yeah, I gave in. It wasn't my fault... it was those little doe eyes! I was putty in her hands!
All in all, we had a wonderful time and can't wait for our friends to come again soon!
Princess Sophie....




your subjects await.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Your kiddos are so big!!!! I miss you guys too! If you ever get a hankering to come to NYC, you know where to stay! We're not far! Haha, glad you liked the potty training vent...sigh...will these kids ever grow up? Not that I want them to, but if they could just wake up tomorrow and use the potty, share toys, and do their own laundry, I'd be one happy camper indeed. Love you!

The Wright Fam said...

Agreed!! Why can't Arkansas and Oklahoma be closer-- oh wait, there are! We just live on the opposite ends!! I love the pic of you and your boys, they are getting so big-- so handsome!!