Saturday, August 21, 2010

Xanderisms



One thing Xander never fails at is keeping us entertained. The things that can come out of his little mouth are often priceless and hilarious. Enjoy!
*Monday night during Family Home Evening*
Our lesson for the night was on prayer and we decided to teach them a little song to help remind them how and what we say while we pray. As we sang the song again at the close of our lesson suddenly a very low, very deep bass sound came out of our little three year olds mouth. Zach and I tried to hide our surprise and shock at this new developing sound but as soon as a slight vibrato was added we could no longer contain our laughter. When it happened again during the singing of our lullaby before bedtime Zach turned to me and asked:
"Is this the foreshadowing of things to come, that our child will be THAT child who you can always hear over all the other children in a singing group, and he's usually the tone deaf one?"
At first my response was "Oh, please no!" then upon further reflection I realized... well, if that is the case, at least we'll have very entertaining home videos.
*Thursday afternoon*
I was informed that Xander was responsible for sharing a talk about the miracles of Jesus this Sunday in Primary. To get him ready I decided to ask him of all the miracles that Jesus did which one was his favorite. His response was 100% Xander.
"My favorite miracle was when he made the colors, 'cause green my favorite color."
Of all the things to be grateful for... why not colors? They add beauty to the world and give consistency to our lives in the Beck household (I.E. What shirt Xander wants to wear, what spoon/fork he wants to use, what crayon to color with, and what cake to buy for daddy's birthday. Do you get the point? The kid only cares about the color green.)
*Almost everyday for the last few weeks*
The latest phrase that has entered Xander's book goes a little something like this...
"Oh! I ne'er had this be-fo-re!" "Oh! I ne'er heard that be-fo-re!" "Oh! I ne'er ate this be-fo-re!"
With the word 'before' given extra high, and low inflections while said, as though it were riding a roller coaster ride.
And while the phrases may be cute, for what ever experience they are given, they are completely false. I'm pretty sure that in Xander's three years of life... yesterday was not the first day that I had given him some pizza for lunch. Especially since it was left over from dinner two nights before.
*The last two days*
Another fun phrase that has entered Xander's vocabulary is:
"You trust me?"
It has found it's way in both relevant and completely irrelevant moments in conversation. Like:
Xander: "Mommy, come! Come to my room!"
Me: "Why? What's there?"
Xander: "Mommy, just come! You trust me?"

Or...

Xander: "Mommy, I need candy."
Me: "No honey. You just woke up, and we haven't had breakfast yet. Maybe later today."
Xander: "You trust me?"
Me: "Trust you? If you mean do I trust you to still eat your breakfast after you've stuffed yourself with candy? Then the answer is no. No I do not."

I hope you've enjoyed all these little Xanderisms. I know we certainly have!
Love you Xander!!

*This is what happens whenever Rod Stewart's 'Do you think I'm sexy' plays on the computer. Everything is stopped to shake a little booty!*

1 comment:

cache and lindsey said...

yes! I LOVE this video! I love the Xanderisms! I love Xander!


PS
SO happy I just found your blog!!!

email me at clwalkers@gmail.com and I will add you to our blog!