Me: Guess what boys tonight we are going to a Christmas party and guess who's going to be there... Santa!!!
Xander: **With a very distraught look on his face** Mommy, Santa won't be coming because I didn't write him a letter. He won't come!
Me: Sweetie don't get upset, we can write a letter to Santa this morning after we finish our breakfast.
Xander: And then we ride the train to the North Pole?!? (As you can tell a certain someone is obsessed with the movie, and book, The Polar Express)
Me: No, Santa will actually ride the train to come to us tonight.
Xander: Oh, that so nice of him.
After breakfast was finished I got out some paper and crayons and had the boys make drawings of the things they wanted Santa to bring them for Christmas and then I would write out what they wanted to say. Blayne basically just made squiggles all over the place while Xander appeared to just be drawing lots of circles. I then had them dictate to me what they wanted written.
Me: Okay Xander, what would you like me to write to Santa?
Xander: Tell him thank you for being Santa and for bringing toys, and all I want for Christmas is a chocolate chip cookie for me and for daddy.
Me: Is that all you would like me to write?
Xander: Oh! And a cookie for you and for Blayne.
Then it was Blayne's turn...
Me: What would you like me to tell Santa Blayne?
Blayne: Thank you, food, and movie.
Xander: Umm... mommy? I need to tell Santa to also bring me a toy that has a button you push and it makes noise, and a movie too.
Later that night as we awaited the appearance of Old Saint Nick, I was imagining my child sitting on Santa's lap listing off numerous amounts of toys and candies that he had forgotten to add to his list but had suddenly remembered as he heard the other children listing off their wish lists. When their turns came to sit with Santa, Blayne would have none of it. He just ran off crying to the corner of the room where a bunch of older boys stood in a circle. I guess he figured safety in numbers. Xander however went straight to Santa ready to make his requests....
Santa: What's your name?
Xander: Xander Beck.
Santa: And what would you like for Christmas Xander?
Xander: A chocolate chip cookie.
Santa then looked at me with a look of shock and surprise, and I just smiled with pride over my sweet little boy.
Later on when we were telling the story to some of my girls at mutual Xander began laughing. When I asked him what was so funny he responded with:
Xander: Mommy, I asked Santa for a chocolate chip cookie, and he gave me a bag of candy and a balloon. So funny.
Basically, Santa has it really easy this year at our place.
You're welcome Santa, you're welcome.
3 comments:
Haha, this is the funniest post.
Still laughing! What a good boy, chocolate chip cookie, ha?
Emily told me about a week ago, "mommy, but all Santas look different (apparently we went to too many parties) so I am going to as them for different things that way I can get LOTS of toys." Yes, my dear child, I don't think it will be happening but your 5 year old head is really figuring it out :)
SO cute!!!!!!!
nice posting keep blogging
Thnaks for sharing..
Post a Comment