Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The new hair do....

Many of you have been asking questions and making comments about Blayne's latest hair do. **Especially those who saw it when it was a close buzz and hadn't begun growing out yet. **

To answer your questions....
#1: No, he's not going into the army.
#2: No, he's not sick with some disease.
#3: No, we were not planning on making him 'Mr. Clean' for Halloween (even though the hair cut did take place the 1st week of Oct.).
#4: YES, his big brother did play an influential role in the decision to get his hair cut. And that role being.... instigator.

See... ever since Blayne was born anytime Zach and I would try to wash, comb, or trim his hair we were met with horrible banshee screaming and flailing of the arms and legs. Our little one made it very clear that his hair was a "NO TOUCHIE" zone.

That being said... it was a busy day back in the beginning of October as I was rushing to get the family packed for our big trip to Utah to see my family (which, as a side note, was absolutely fabulous even though the one thing I forgot to pack was our camera). All that was left to do was to get all the boys things packed away into their bags. A seemingly easy thing if you don't have two little toddlers who like to pull things out as soon as you put them in. So to get it done without any interruptions I decided to give them their t.v. time for the day. Usually t.v. time for my boys is 30 min. of eyes glued to the show and many exclamations of counting, singing the alphabet, or answering the questions of whichever t.v. character happens to be on.
I raced back to their rooms and began packing like a mad woman. Amidst my frantic packing I realized that sound that every mother dreads..... the sound of complete and utter silence. Any mother of young children knows the silence which I am speaking of. Not the longed and wished for sound of peaceful silence, but instead the utter and complete silence which means something naughty has happened or is happening at that very moment.
As I rushed back into the front room where the two culprits were, this is what I saw.....





Yep, my poor little baby had been clipped. The saddest part was not that my oldest had disobeyed me and been playing with something that he has been informed is off limits, no... the saddest part of it all was that the small amount of hair that Blayne did have had taken him almost 2 years to grow. I sat imagining my child bald for the next 2 years, and images of the movie "Powder" kept popping into my head.

Needless to say the culprits were indeed punished:





And have since learned that scissors are not to be touched without a mommy or daddy present. I'm still shocked that as Xander was chopping Blayne's hair, Blayne didn't make even one peep. Tickle me Elmo I understand because he was currently in the OFF position, but I didn't think Blayne's banshee scream had an OFF button (And yes, Xander not only cut Blayne's and his own hair but Tickle me Elmo's as well. Obviously the kid wants to be a barber when he grows up.).

Thankfully, his hair is actually growing quickly and in my opinion he looks pretty cute with a buzz cut. For those interested here's the interview with the culprit/victim right after the incident had occurred. You'll have to forgive him for being a little camera shy, he had just been through a pretty traumatic event.


4 comments:

Jessica F. said...

Words cannot express my sorrow for the loss of that hair!

Love ya girl!

The Rod's said...

I love that story! All Giovanny said was "Bayne" "Bayne" and pointing to the screen.

jayne wells said...

Okay, I"m late at responding even though this is my second time checking this out--it is totally awesome.
can't even believe it. Don't you wish you were a fly on that wall when they started?
Love the video too. So classic!

The Wright Fam said...

At least he had hair to cut, riiight?!!! Love it!! I have a feeling this story will come back to haunt them as teenagers! LOL!! Love you guys!! Have a VERY Happy Holiday!!