Friday, March 25, 2011

"I just love her..."

There are a few things that Xander just LOVES!!

He loves his family:

(especially his daddy and little brother)

He loves the color green, the outdoors, and anything involving dogs or trains. He loves singing, dancing, and listening to music.

He loves reading books:


He loves playing with family and friends:


And he LOVES desserts, candy, and anything sweet:


The person he's sweetest on lately.....

"my teacher Sister Walker".

This is Lindsey Walker:

She was Xander's teacher when he was in Sunbeams and he just adores her to pieces. Anytime he sees her, whether in person or in photos, it's "Oh... that my teacher! I just love her!" When she gave a talk in church he was up on his feet waving frantically at her saying "That my teacher! That my teacher!" Infact, the first few weeks of not being in her class anymore were a little traumatic for him. Let's just say that many tears were shed, and during Sharing Time her lap was occupied.
I must say that I can't blame him. She is an amazing teacher who loves the kids she teaches and finds unique and fun ways to enhance the lessons she shares with them.

For example... take these cute little sandals she made for the kids:

Xander thought they were "the coolest" and wore them everyday for weeks (up until daddy bought him new sketchers with lights).

Then there was the time they were talking about creation and animals and Xander got his very own 'Grow a lion':

He loved watching it grow bigger and bigger in water and played with it until it began to look as though it had mange and had pieces falling off. (*I gave it a quiet and loving burial*)

You may think that I might be jealous of Xander loving another woman almost as much as he loves me (I choose to believe I'm still number one), but infact... I'm just honored that he was lucky enough to have her as a teacher for as long as he did.
Coming from a home that was, and is, blessed with one of the world's BEST teachers (my mother's students can attest to that) it's very easy for me to spot out one of the good ones when I see them.
And Lindsey... you're definitely one of the good ones!
WE LOVE YOU SISTER WALKER!!!
Thanks for being so wonderful to our little Xander, and for blessing his life!

1 comment:

Jancisco said...

Is that the Walker that I know? You guys have mission friends EVERYWHERE!