Thursday, March 3, 2011

POBEDA!!!!

(*For those wondering... it's Russian for Victory*)

It finally happened!!! I could hardly believe it myself... but there it was, happening right before my eyes and with Xander as my witness. With an 0 for 387 batting score I was about to raise the white flag (especially when Zach was successful on his first try), when suddenly the heaven's parted and a miracle occurred.


BLAYNE WENT PEE PEE ON THE POTTY!!!!
*insert Hallelujah chorus*



Yes, my little nugget #2 finally went #1 on the toilet!
We were getting ready for a bath when suddenly in front of me I heard a slight tinkle sound hitting the carpet. It was only a second or two long but in those two seconds my heart sank in defeat. Would my child really be in diapers forever?!? As I began cleaning it up I looked at my naked little nugget and simply said "Blayne, the next time you feel you need to go pee pee please go to the bathroom and go pee pee on the potty." I got the normal "Okay mommy." and off he went to join Xander in the tub. Suddenly cheering and clapping came from the direction of the bathroom.
"Way to go Blayne!! You can do it!!"
I rushed in to find my little Blayne on the toilet going pee pee, and Xander being the ULTIMATE cheering section! I guess when you repeat something two hundred and twenty four thousand times, one of those times your child might actually listen!!
All I can say is....

POBEDA!!!!

4 comments:

Aria said...

Hooray! POBEDA! I'm not sure I ever learned how to say victory in Tagalog...it just wasn't one of those everyday words for Filipinos, but I just looked it up on the internet and it is Tagumpay! So, yay! Way to go, Blayne!

Lena said...

Love it! This post makes me smile and all happy. Good job to your little boy and to parents and to big brother cheering the younger one up!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Blayne and way to go Codi for continuing in patience.

Jen said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Angels are singing, harps are being played, golden toilets being flushes all in your honor!!!


Uuuuuum my word verification is "exaphery" what is the world coming to?