Xander has been eager to assist anyone and everyone in need of help (even if they don't realize they need help). He is usually more than eager to help me around the house, to help you eat your food, or to help you choose what clothes to wear-hope you like the color green. It really is one of his greatest qualities. He's very thoughtful and selfless.
When Blayne came along his desire to help became even stronger. Whether it was getting Blayne a blanket, a binky, a bottle, or even just giving him a ride around the house....
Xander loved doing things with, and for his little brother.
Recently, that desire has become even more pronounced. When we started potty training Blayne (yes, it's still going on.... Ugh, kill me now) Xander was right by my side saying "I'll show him how! Look Blayne! Now you try!", and even asking him in intervals throughout the day "Blayne? You need to go pee pee on the potty?". I'll admit it too.... he had better success with getting him to go than I did. Even now, he will help me take Blayne into the bathroom, help him get his pants and diaper off, and help him on the potty. The only problem comes when I am not there and he gives Blayne the training toilet and then tries to clean up the mess once Blayne is done. Let's just say the training toilet has now officially become a second step stool. * Also in my defense... I am not a pregnant woman ignoring her children. If I am not there it is because these events usually take place behind my back while I am cleaning up meals, putting dishes in the dishwasher, or using the restroom myself. They are intelligent boys who have figured out the length of time certain tasks take me and usually wait for those moments to try out their creativity and independence.*
Well, last night was definitely the cherry on top....
after arriving home from a night of Young Womens, Zach informed me of Xander and Blayne's latest "potty time adventure".
Apparently Blayne had pooped in his diaper and Xander announced to Zach that he was "very, very stinky.". Zach responded with a "Thank you Xander, I'll be in to change him in just a few minutes.". Apparently, that was much too long of a wait in Xander's eyes and when Zach walked into the back bedroom he found Blayne lying on the changing pad with a new diaper underneath his bottom and Xander pulling up the front part to fasten it together. Zach was even more astonished to realize that there weren't any poo-poo remains on his bottom, and that the poopy diaper and used wipes had been folded up and placed in the diaper trash can. Our four year old managed to clean and change a dirty diaper efficiently, correctly, and cleanly.
I know some grown men who can't even do that!!
I'll be honest... the realization that soon there will be three little nuggets in our house to chase after has made my nerves a little on edge. Just wondering if I really can handle all of it when Zach's not home, without going a little 'nutso-bejutso', has seemed a bit daunting to me. Especially, when I thought about the fact that two of them might just be in diapers at the same time. But after last night..... I've realized things will be just fine. Especially since I've got Xander on my side!!
P.S. If any grown men are interested in diaper changing classes.....
Xander will do training sessions every Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7pm, for the cost of $25.00. Sign up soon! Spots are limited!!
2 comments:
Wow! I am totally impressed. 3 kids is hard to manage but, with Xander, I KNOW you'll be just fine. He's awesome!
Ah-mazing! Good for Xander, great for you! What's the new name, by the way? I'm anxious to hear! (of course, I know it will be Jan).
Post a Comment