Saturday, May 28, 2011

The countdown...

We are officially down to 25 days and counting!!!

Yep, pretty soon we'll be able to meet our newest little bundle of joy! While the countdown slowly makes progress we've done a few things to get ourselves ready for her arrival....

** A BABY SHOWER!! **
Yep, thanks to some fabulous friends of mine here, I was treated to a baby shower at the fabulous Cherry Berry Yogurt Bar!
The day was beautiful and the set up out on the patio was adorable! We had some great food, some delicious Yogurt, and a great time! Thanks ladies for all the lovely gifts and for taking such great care of me and my little family!!




~ Also, a BIG thanks to all of my wonderful family and friends in other states who have gone out of their way to send some sweet gifts for our precious little lady!! We can't wait to see her in all of the adorable little outfits, and use all of the wonderful little "mommy helpers" (slings, boppy covers, etc...). ~

** SPEAKING OF GIFTS **
I don't know how... but I am blessed to have amazingly talented siblings and friends who can make and do just about anything! So... I have decided to highlight two of these talented people who have sent me some amazing hand made baby items for our little sweetheart!

First off.... my fabulous sister Kim. Having Kim as a sister has always been a blessing and now she's blessing the life of my little one with a beautiful bird mobile.


It initially came looking a little different, but sadly someone got their naughty little hands on it and almost ruined it. Thankfully, my amazingly wonderful husband came to the rescue and we were able to save the beautiful birds. Check out her Etsy site, Peekaboo monkey, to see all of her amazingly adorable hand made items!

Secondly... my great friend Bekah. Bekah reminds me a lot of my sister Kim. They are both beautiful, intelligent, talented women who can make just about anything they see or put their minds to. Seriously while living next to Bekah in Oklahoma I think I felt my "woman points" melting away every time I stood next to her. Thankfully though my little girl is being blessed by Bekah's talents with these adorable items.
#1: An adorable reversible car seat cover:

#2: And a fabulously convenient diaper changing pad:

Check out her adorable Etsy site, Humble Pie Originals, to get your own fabulous baby gifts!

** NURSERY SET UP **
Last, but not least, we are making the finishing touches to our little ones nursery. We've still got a little left to do, but this is how it's going so far.....







Well, that's all I have to share for now. Hopefully, the countdown will pass quickly and we'll be able to show you pictures of our newest addition soon!
Thanks again everyone for everything! It's greatly appreciated!!

3 comments:

The Wright Fam said...

Sooo fun!!! THe countdown is officially on, little girl Beck will be here before you know it!!!!! I am in LOVE, by the way, with the nursery!!!!! I love the colors and I love those cute prints that you framed!!!!! So excited for you Codi and anxious to see pics of this little one when she decides to make her debut!! You are almost there!

Jessica F. said...

I love everything about this post! I am so excited for you to meet your little lady.

Bekah said...

Codi you are so wonderful!!!! I LOVE her nursery!!! I love how its so feminine, but not pink! (Yellow is one of my fave colors, so I am so in love with it!!!) She is going to be one stylin' lady, just like her Mama!!! XOXO