Friday, May 6, 2011

The new do!

So I'm the type of person who is VERY PICKY about who cuts and styles my hair. Due to some horrible incidents I will no longer just go to anyone who has a license to cut hair. **Just because someone has one, that does not mean they know what they are doing.** Maybe it's because I was so spoiled in Utah that I never had to worry when it came to my hair. All I had to do was call up one of my two fabulous friends Jessica Fillmore, or Cynthia Dean and say "do whatever"(P.S. For those of you still in the Utah area... you need to go to Cynthia's salon! It's called Studio Enizio and they do both hair and makeup. They are fabulous!!). I knew I could trust them and their judgement and not have to worry one bit. My luck got even greater when my brother Jeremy married Lindsay who just happens to be a fabulous hairdresser herself! Really, my options in Utah were endless.
However...
after marrying the fabulous Zachary he decided to take me out of my "Hair Haven" and throw me to the "Hair Wolves" all over the South. I had a few greats that I was lucky enough to find, but shortly after finding them Zachary would be promoted at work and we would be moved to a new location, causing me to start the whole 'search for a good stylist' routine once again.
When we moved here to Arkansas I was bored, and frustrated with my hair and decided to make a fabulous decision...

I would dye my own hair!! Great idea right? WRONG.

I'm sure we all remember my red phase....


Personally, the first few days were pretty fun. After that however... the red quickly faded and eventually turned this pinky Strawberry Shortcake color that was not flattering in the least.
To rectify the problem I went to this Salon that a few of the girls at Zach's work had said was good and was thoroughly disappointed. The first try at getting me back to blonde my hair looked like a striped wig. It was hideous. I called the salon immediately and told them my concerns and frustrations. I usually don't do things like that because I don't like confrontation or to cause problems, especially when I feel that speaking up might create an awkward situation. However, if you knew how much they had charged, you would have asked that it at least look like real hair as well. When I went in for the free correction the stylist was rude, giving me attitude and even said to me "If you thought that going from red to blonde would be an easy fix then you're delusional". She and I are best friends to this day. Psych. Needless to say.... I would never recommend that salon to anyone.

So there I was back to Square One of looking for a stylist.

Lucky for me between then and now we visited my family in Utah and I was able to have the fabulous Lindsay update my locks. That however was about 5 to 6 months ago and I have been in desperate need of a new do.

While on-line a few weeks ago I came across this picture on the internet and fell in love with the cut/style.


Granted she's a model, and a whole lot prettier/thinner than me but I thought I might be able to pull it off. Now I just needed to find a good hair dresser. UGH. Thankfully, the stars aligned and the fabulous Joy Bogart came to my rescue!! (*insert Huzzah here*) She gave me the name and number of her stylist and watched my two boys so that I could go see the fabulous Shauna on Wednesday afternoon.
Pulling up to the Salon - Salon LMC - I was still nervous. Even though I had many tell me she was fabulous, and even though I knew/had a picture of exactly what I wanted.... I had been disappointed before. You've all been there. You bring a picture of exactly what you want and when it's done you think to yourself "Did she even look at the picture I brought in?". I'm pleased to say that YES SHE DID!! Shauna is as amazing as everyone said!!! She was fun, fabulous, and did exactly as I asked! At the end, she even showed me three different ways I could style my new do! Now, that's a great hair dresser! The best part is that she has hair similar to my own, knows the difficulties that come with it and how to combat them. I was and am completely thrilled!!
So without further ado.....

INTRODUCING..... MY NEW DO!!



Hooray for Shauna!!

4 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

LOVE IT! She did a great job! And I LOVE Allie at Enizio!

Zach and Codi said...

So glad you're loving Salon Enizio!! They really are quite fabulous!!

Erin Leigh said...

cutie patootie!!

Joy said...

hooray for shauna! and huzzah for you! you look great. i'm glad you liked her so much:)