Monday, June 13, 2011

39 weeks....



AND NO END IN SIGHT. UGH.......


We have come to the conclusion that I had better get used to looking at this large belly because apparently this little girl has decided to stay in as long as possible. For the last few weeks I continue to have long, strong contractions that get my hopes up and then quickly come to an abrupt end. It's like she's playing a never ending game of "Psych!!" just to mess with me. All morning long and throughout church I was having contraction after contraction. Then, as soon as we got home, they became very sparse and our hopes were dashed once again.
They boys are even beginning to get frustrated as the time when Nana and Papa will be coming keeps getting further and further away. They have even begun praying that "Nana and Papa will get here soon." or that they can "go to Nana and Papa's house instead." Last night while talking on the phone with my parents I believe they asked when they were coming about 15 times. (I hear you boys... I can hardly wait myself!!)
Basically Zach and I have decided that these last few weeks have been just a very large lesson in Patience and Trust in the Lord for the both of us, but to be honest.... Zach is handling this lesson with much more grace than I am. He has been absolutely fabulous and mega supportive. He not only listens to my whining and complaining, but then asks what he can do to help or simply does something like begins rubbing my feet/legs. He doesn't complain that the house is gross, or that the meals have been a little lacking, and even though he may be tired after a long day of work.... he is always ready and willing to do anything for or with the boys.
Yeah, HE'S THE BEST!!

3 comments:

Jessica F. said...

Why is it that the last month is longer than the first 8 months??? You are so close to meeting that little princess!

Zach and Codi said...

You think I am handling it well, but my face and its break outs say otherwise. It wont be too much longer babe!! Look at the bright side, you only gained weight in your belly instead of your whole body like with the boys!!! Just keep looking forward to the Wendys you will be eating after delivery!

Lena said...

You know, babies do come on Sundays :) There is something about Sunday being a church day. Anyway, if you don't go earlier I have a feeling this babe will be born this Sunday. I hope it comes true ;)