Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4 weeks



4 WEEKS?!? How is my newborn 4 weeks already?!? Time is just flying by! She is a wonderful, sweet baby and we love her to pieces!! Sometimes I have to be referee to make sure the boys aren't loving her too much, but I'm just glad they are so thrilled to have her here. Xander, especially, just can't get enough of her! He is constantly telling me "Ohh.... mommy, our baby girl is soo cute!" He loves her, and loves being near her. He's a great helper and very gentle. The other day she started to cry and when Blayne said "Mommy, baby need you." Xander said "No, she need me." He jumped up, ran over, and said to her "It's okay baby, Xander's here." He then began singing our lullaby to her and placing a pacifier in her mouth. She immediately calmed down and just smiled back at him. It was such a precious moment. Blayne doesn't invade her space as much as Xander but he does think she's "sooo cute!" and loves her.
She, as you can tell from the picture above, she seems to be another Daddy fan. I thought I might get lucky with her and have one child who is a Mommy's girl, but just like her brothers.... it's all about daddy. I've caught her grinning while he holds her more than a few times and often when he speaks she quickly turns her head his way. Oh well, I guess I can't blame them I'm a Daddy fan too! She loves her brothers and Daddy, and LOVES to be held. I'm guessing that having 2 1/2 weeks of adults continually taking turns, and anxious over who gets to hold you next, will do that to you. But why wouldn't we want to hold this sweetheart?!?



So far the only thing she seems to dislike is tummy time and rolls herself to her back almost immediately after I place her on her belly. She has a remarkably strong neck so I'm not too worried about enforcing tummy time.
Things so far have been going quite well, besides the lack of sleep, and I just can't wait to see how things progress as we take on the challenge of being a family of five. However... with the help of my other nuggets and their fabulous daddy I have a feeling things will go quite smoothly.

No comments: