First things first....
The story of Kendell.
After keeping us on our toes for weeks, and two false alarm trips to the E.R.(I was having contractions but my cervix was not cooperating), Kendell finally decided she wanted to make her debut. After hours of continuous contractions and pain getting worse and worse, we dropped the boys off for an early 4am sleepover party with our friends The Hassels, and headed over to the hospital.
* Thank you Mary and Martin!!*
While in the E.R. we were given the news that we had already heard 2 times before...
"Sorry, you're not dilated enough." This time we were stuck at 3 1/2 cent. So we went walking for an hour around the hospital because I was not leaving that day without a baby. Kendell was definitely trying to prove to us that she was only going to do things when she wanted, and on her time frame, but I was ready to show her I could be just as stubborn as she could. We got back into the E.R. and were finally given the news that we had been longing for: we were at 4 cent. and we would be staying till we had our baby girl in our hands! A few hours later and enduring pain that I was glad to have never felt with my boys (otherwise we may have stopped at just one) out came our beautiful little girl and we were now a family of 5.
We were blessed to have great friends who were willing to watch the boys as long as needed, and to have wonderful parents ready and willing to come help us adjust to life with three kiddos. Zach's parents came for three days, and then my parents were able to stay for a glorious 2 1/2 weeks. Thank you so much to our fabulous "Nanna's and Pappa's"!!! It had been about 8 months since I had last seen my family so to have my parents here was pure heaven. They really made life easy-peasy those first few weeks. They got up early with our "eager to get up at the crack of dawn" boys, played with and entertained said boys, helped make food, helped clean, were wonderful examples of good parenting, and helped keep us sane. Can you tell how much I love my parents?
*Kendell with her Nana Beck*
*The boys with their Papa Beck*
*Kendell with her Nana Kendell*
*Kendell with her Nana and Papa Kendell*
*Xander with his "robot self" Nana Kendell helped him make*
Before my parents left we decided it would be best to bless Kendell while they were still here. Zach's parents, Lindsey, Aleshia, Elliott and their kids were all kind enough to drive up from Texas to join us for the blessing.
Zach gave a beautiful blessing that brought me to tears and Kendell was a good girl throughout the entire blessing. Being only two weeks old the dress I was blessed in was too big for Kendell, but my mom's blessing dress was just the right size for her and she looked beautiful. It was perfect and made it so special to have her in the dress my mom was blessed in.
*The boys love their new little sister*
*Proof that they love her... Xander let her borrow his blankie and hippo when she was crying. Until she started eating hippo, then he was quick to take them both back*
It's been an interesting eight weeks, full of excitement and much to get used to... but definitely worth it!!
We love our little girl and are so excited to have her in our family!
Love you Kendell!!
5 comments:
what a cutie! I love her smile! Cant wait to meet her.
thanks for the pics! Holy Zach though! I think she looks just like Zach did when he was a baby!
Seriously, could you possibly have cuter kids??!! Soooo happy for you guys and just wish we were closer to come and visit!!! Thanks for the new post, it was fun to see the new pics and hear the "story"!! Love you guys!
She is so cute! And what a sweet Xander, sharing his hippo. I love it!
seriously so precious! Congratulations! LOVE HER!!!!!
Post a Comment