Friday, August 12, 2011

True Talent


You've all heard me rave about my talented sister and how she can do and make just about anything. Well, the truth is.... ALL my siblings are incredibly talented and amazing. The other thing they all have in common... they are all amazing artists. In fact, out of the six children of my parents I'm the only one who has no artistic ability. Give me a makeup brush and I can give you artistry, give me a pencil and paper and I can give you....a stick figure.
Well, enough about me. Today I'm going to rave about my amazingly talented little brother Cameron.
Not only can Cameron pick up just about any musical instrument and begin playing it (very well I might add), he's a fantastic artist to boot!! I have been blown away by his recent drawings and wanted to share a few of my favorites!!

These are his visual twists on some old fairy tales.

Little Red Riding Hood...


The Princess and the Frog...



These are some drawings done on varying materials:

The Catfish (I believe this one was done on wood slats)...


This piece was just a doodle he was drawing on some cardboard. But as soon as it was seen, was sold to a guy from San Antonio, TX. (who realized great talent when he saw it). This is Piece 1 of a 2 part series called Goresloth Attacks. I can't wait to see Piece 2 of the series....



This last drawing is by far one of my favorites! I absolutely LOVE it! I believe it's titled Swamp Encounter...

I just love how bold the little boy and his teddy bear are in the face of imminent danger.

So those are just a few of Cameron's amazing pieces. To see more, or to commission a cardboard painting of your own, check out his blog at... www.camkendell.blogspot.com. or just click on the Cam's awesomeness link on the right hand side of our blog.
Love you Cameron! Keep up the great work!!

3 comments:

hogans house said...

I hope to be able to commission a piece for my house soon! A pirate for Ben's room and more. Plus, you are very talented. Dancer, makeup artist, and great mom.

deargoodness said...

all I can say is WOW! Amazing!

Cam Kendell said...

yes, it's late. But thanks for the love and support. you're the best!