Home




Zach and I have been married for six years, and in that six years we have moved six times. We have never lived near either of our parents or siblings and have had a wide variety of homes, and experiences. Usually when people hear this we get the usual response of...

"Wow. That is a lot of moves." or "Six times huh? That's a whole lot of moving boxes.".

Sometimes we get jokes like "Wow, I never thought I'd meet a true nomad." or "Working for Dillards (the reason for the majority of our moves) is worse than being in the military."

On occasion however I get responses like these....

"Ugh, that is horrible. We would never do that."
"I prefer having a place I can call home."
"I would never move that often, I would just tell my husband that is not happening."
or my favorite:
"My husband knows better than to try and move me away from my family, he knows that is not an option."

It is because of the occasional responses that I have a response of my own...

Zach,
YOU are my family.
Although I love and cherish my parents and siblings, when we made our marriage covenant together, we became one. We became our own family.
Together we have brought three beautiful spirits to this earth, and I treasure my time spent with them and you.
I am grateful for a hardworking, spiritual, and selfless husband who does all he can to make life wonderful for myself and my children. I will support and uplift you any way I can, and will walk with you to the ends of the earth.
No matter where we are, as long as we are together I am home.
I Love You.
Codilyn


Comments

Zach and Codi said…
"Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa, not the way that I do love you"

Lets just home that neither one of those places will be home for a long time. Thanks for coming on this journey with me. Life gets very tiring, but its never boring.

Love ya Captain -------
Aria said…
Congrats on six years of marriage! What a great photo! I also love how you expressed yourself in this blog post and I completely agree with you. Your home is with your spouse and your new family. I hope you guys are doing well in Benton! We sure do miss you here! Nursery just isn't the same without Blayne. A few weeks ago, I was supposed to go to Little Rock for work and I was going to call you guys but the day before I was supposed to leave, I sprained my ankle so someone else had to go instead. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Katie Gee said…
I really, really, needed to read this post today. Thanks for putting it all into perspective for me. We may have to move again too soon. Maybe. And this is just what I needed to hear. Miss you.
Anonymous said…
Wow six years of marriage that's so awesome, we've moved 17 times in almost 9 years so you should not feel bad at all. I don't feel bad about 17 times it has made me who I am. You do what you have to do and your kids and family love you anyways!
Kelli Proctor said…
awww...that was sweet! I never thought I would see the day when Codi moved more than I did! But its great huh? So many different experiences and awesome people you never would have met had you not moved around so much? And your family becomes everything....its awesome! Love ya!
I love Dillard's and I love Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Cute blog!
~Lori
www.desertgirlsvintage.blogspot.com
Jen said…
AMEN sister!!! I think it's gooD TO LIVE AWAY FROM FAMILY AND SOMETIMES THE PRESSURE THAT CAN COME FROM THAT...oops CAPS was on, I wasn't yelling =D. We are about to embark on move #14 but now I feel we're pros. What a beautiful note to Elder Beck ;). We love you guys and hope your travels might bring you closer...not to your family...to US!!!