Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My husband's better than your husband....

Yep, if you couldn't already guess from the title... this is a brag post about my awesome, amazing husband.

Aside from the fact that he's a hardworking, intelligent, thoughtful, spiritual, fabulously wonderful husband who just happens to be the loving, helpful father of our three beautiful children:






He is constantly surprising me by making and creating unique and ingenious things for our house.
Case in point...
Before we had a frame for our bed Zach cleverly made a headboard out of some materials he got at Lowes, adding some substance and visual interest to our otherwise lacking "bedroom set".
He's continued to do other unique and interesting things to make our house more beautiful and visually interesting (things with paint, etc...).
If I weren't afraid that women would fall in love with him, and he would received some unwanted stalkers, I would make sure he ended up on some clever D.I.Y. home show on HGTV.
That being said...
let me introduce you to the latest addition to our home. The boys lovingly refer to it as "Mommy's treasure box".



He brought home this tattered, about to be thrown away chest, sanded it, painted it, and added some cool hardware. He also lightly sanded it afterwards to add a weathered look to it and I couldn't be happier. The boys adore it and are constantly touching, inspecting, and playing with it. Their favorite thing is to climb on top and jump to the couches.
Well, like I said before....
MY HUSBAND IS BETTER THAN YOUR HUSBAND. I'm sorry, you'll just have to get used to it.

No comments: