Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Take a picture, it'll last longer!"

Realizing that it's been far too long since I last posted something I decided to peruse the collection of photos piling up in my computer. I felt pressure to give an update on the holidays since I hadn't said a word about what we did on Thanksgiving, the boys birthdays, Christmas, New Years, or even Halloween. However, the realization that this might take up all the free time I had lead me to make the decision to post something short and sweet. Until I actually take the time to update all the happenings of the holidays just find it in yourselves to be contented with knowing that they were wonderful.
Now onto the short and sweet....

Upon finding a few photos of myself with Kendell I came to a few different conclusions.

#1: This little girl is growing up way too fast!
It seems as though every time I blink she's a few weeks older. If this keeps up within a few weeks she'll be using my makeup and asking Zach for the car keys. I wouldn't mind this "Quantum Leap" journey of hers *as much* if she weren't somehow taking me on the journey with her. I'm not sure how she's doing it... maybe she does it while we're all asleep, maybe it's just "journey residue" transferring itself onto me whenever we touch, or maybe it's just an effect of messing with the Space-Time Continuum. Whatever it is.... it's making me age along with her, and I don't like it!

#2: Apparently whenever I wear that shirt I feel like taking a picture of myself. I either really like the way it looks on me, or just really need some new shirts.

#3: I am forever indebted to Drew Barrymore for making the "ombre" style popular. It gives us busy (and or lazy) mommies who have no extra time, energy, or money to get our hair done, a great excuse for letting our roots grow out. Thank you Drew for giving my laziness the cool and hip excuse of "fashion".

#4: This little girl is just too cute for words!!! We are all completely and totally in love!
One little smile or giggle from her and we're all in a trance. She has us in the palm of her hand, and we will do her bidding.
Until, of course, boys come into the picture. Then her Daddy will go into Protective mode and all young boys had better watch their backs!

Until then, we'll just enjoy the coos, the giggles, and those deliciously snackable cheeks!



2 comments:

Jancisco said...

She is adorable. And so are you! And I'm glad to know that my roots are fashionable. Phew.

Jen said...

I LOVE HER!!!!!!!! Bite a cheek for me will ya?