Well, it's official. The holidays are upon us.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with some delightful people from our ward, and our kids were in heaven. Xander was asking to sleep at their house and he and Blayne have been asking to go back every day since. I don't blame them because the Hunts are just the coolest people around. I think Zach and I had just as much fun as the kids, if not more. It's always nice to be able to go were people treat you like family. THANK YOU HUNT FAMILY!!!
Now, for those of you who know me, you know I am one of those sticklers when it comes to Christmas music. In my book Christmas music starts on December 1. I mean, there's a reason it's called Christmas music people. However, last year my sister gave me Mindy Gledhill's Christmas album and the kids and I loved it so much that I think it was played every day on a continuous loop from the day we got it, till the end of December. As an added treat one of the main songs Winter Moon had a bonus video that my friend Jed Wells was involved in making. To say that my kids enjoyed the video would be a major understatement. They adored it and would even get their own puppets and sing along (yes, the video has puppets to add to the entertainment). The hours of entertainment and adorable moments the video provided was priceless, and although it is usually against my will -us being a few days away from Dec. 1st after all- we have begun listening to the cd and watching the video and will probably do so all month long. I love this time of year and love the spirit that Christmas music brings. I guess it might be beneficial to listen to it all year long to always feel that spirit, but let's not push it folks. A few days early is all I'm ready to do for now.
2 comments:
Oh my that is so darling! I hadn't seen that video of Mindy's till now. Thanks for sharing. Your kids are so sweet.love your video, and Mindy's too. Can't wait to show my kids.
Love it!!!
Post a Comment