
Yep, today our little "Blaynie-Boo" officially turns 4!
I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. We hung the birthday banners, and let him pick what he wanted for breakfast and he was as happy as could be. Until later while dropping Xander off at school and he realized that he still couldn't go to school. That realization always bums him out.
From day one our little Blayne has been our sweet, spiritual, kind, emotional (both good and bad), intellectual, musical, clumsy, quick as a whip child.
He's always ready to help any way he can...
but also really loves to be waited on. I.E. "Here mommy, you can put my shoes on for me. You're welcome." Although lately he has gotten a little more of the 'No, I'll do it all by myself' attitude which makes me happy for his growth and weary of my tests of patience.

He has an infectious laugh and a smile that's to die for. Every time he flashes a smile my way and showcases his little dimple I melt a little inside.
I love the way he talks about movies/tv shows as if they are real life I.E. "Oh mommy, today Bot got into some real trouble when he wore the wrong skates. We better be careful if we put on any roller skates today."
I especially love when he says grown up phrases in his little man voice. It always makes me pause for a moment thinking did that phrase/knowledge really just come out of my little one's mouth?!? He has such an old soul in that adorable little body!
Most of all... I love his desire for, and love of knowledge. He has been reading for almost 7 or 8 months now and gets so excited when a new book is purchased. I love listening to him read. The pauses and inflections in his voice, the random British accent that comes out every time he sounds out a new word, and his excitement with each page make those mom moments even more precious.
The other day while making lunch I let him watch a new kids show and at the end I asked him if he liked it or not. His response... "Ummm... not really, I really didn't learn anything and it was kind of silly." He loves Team Umizoomi because it teaches him math, shapes, and patterns. He loves Little Einsteins because it teaches him art, classical music, and tempos. And he loves Starfall.com because it teaches him "Oh so many things!!"
Today as we got back from dropping Xander off at school and were pulling into the garage Blayne said "Mommy when we get inside can you write my name on this drawing pad for my Birthday? I'm trying to write it but it's just not all right." I turned around and asked to see what he had written, this is what I saw...
Astonished I said
"Blayne, I don't know why you're so disappointed you wrote all the letters in your name and you did it very well!"
"Thanks mom, but it's not all together the right way."
"That's okay buddy we can work on that, but you should be proud of what you did write. Really, honey you did a great job! How did you write that so well?"
"It's because I'm 4 now."
Four now... but forever my baby.
We love you so much Blayne!! We are so lucky to have you in our lives and in our family!!!
LOVE YOU!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment