I knew I would be blessed physically, that I would be healthy, strong and protected.
I knew I would be blessed mentally, that I would be clear headed and able to make good decisions.
Most importantly I knew I would be blessed spiritually that I would be able to share the beauty and goodness of the Gospel with those truly searching for the truth. This blessing was very evident in the beginning of my mission when, through the blessings of the Spirit, investigators were able to understand what I was communicating even in my horribly broken Russian.
The one blessing I didn't anticipate however was...
the blessing of true friendship.
I was so blessed to be able to form friendships with some of the most amazing people I have ever met, and even more blessed that those friendships have continued to this day even though time and distance have come between them.
The last few weeks have been difficult and frustrating and events that occurred yesterday were starting to make things seem even worse. Frustrated, tired, and ready to just crawl up into a ball and begin blubbering like a baby... I suddenly heard my phone ring.
On the other line was the beautiful, talented, amazing, fantastically wonderful....
JESSICA FILLMORE!!!

She had simply called to inform me that she had found Dunkaroos at her neighborhood Walmart and wanted to give me the heads up for Zach's sake. (*She had remembered from a post about a year ago that he loves them, and bought a box full on line in order to get them.*) She even offered to buy and ship some if our Walmart wasn't blessed with Dunkaroo goodness.
We laughed, we chatted about pregnancy and some other insignificant things, and for the short amount of time spent on the phone with my friend, things felt good again.
Thank you Jessica for making me smile, and for being a true blessing in my life. Love you with all my heart!!
P.S. To all my other friends out there... I love you too!!!! You guys are the BEST!!!
3 comments:
I love you so much! This post brought me to tears. I will never forget the fabulous Omsk days or you!
Let me know if you need that Dunkaroo order filled anytime soon.
It is official! All of us Omsk girls need to be in one place for a least a few days together. We can laugh, cry, eat Ben & Jerry's and just love our time together. I'm with Jess, I'm tearing up from this post and how much I miss you girls. Distance is hard, lives are busy and I ache for the "simple" times in Russia...even though they weren't simple really were they? It's almost like it was a dream. A really good dream. I love you Codi.
so sorry you felt that way!! Hope everything is ok! Just know that I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Post a Comment